After nearly a decade of research dedicated to holistic health and supplements, it seems that I've inadvertently made myself into somewhat of a supplement/herbal remedy "guinea pig". Through many years of trials with both successes and failures, there have been a few remedies that have proven quite positive for me. Some of those "failures" have been due to side effects that just were not something I wanted to tolerate and some just didn't do anything at all.
The following include some of those remedies that for me, have been highly effective with no (or minimal) side effects. This list will build over time, so look forward to updates in the near future. But please note that this is based on my own personal experiences and although I am currently training to be a Holistic Health Practitioner, it's important to remember that everyone's body is quite different. Therefore it is recommended that you consult your doctor (who knows your current medical status best), prior to trying any of these for yourself.
The following include some of those remedies that for me, have been highly effective with no (or minimal) side effects. This list will build over time, so look forward to updates in the near future. But please note that this is based on my own personal experiences and although I am currently training to be a Holistic Health Practitioner, it's important to remember that everyone's body is quite different. Therefore it is recommended that you consult your doctor (who knows your current medical status best), prior to trying any of these for yourself.
1) Oil of Oregano (Pure, combined with extra virgin olive oil)
For many years I suffered from sinus infections, seasonal allergies and general upper respiratory ailments. I discovered this remedy about two years ago and it has completely eliminated my seasonal allergy symptoms and stopped every sinus infection I've had in it's tracks (or at least reduced the duration if I started the remedy a bit late). The process is quite simple, as soon as I have symptoms I begin my course of Oregano Oil until the symptoms subside. For me, the dosage is four drops under the tongue, three times per day. It tends to create a fairly intense sensation after about 30 seconds, so I usually drink a glass of water shortly after. Often, the very next day I will wake and be completely amazed that I no longer have symptoms and others, I at least find that the symptoms have been reduced significantly.
Studies have shown that Oil of Oregano is a promising treatment for bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections. I personally have not yet found this to be effective on gastrointestinal viruses. Although, those seem to be one of the most difficult common illnesses to treat - even conventional medicine has yet to offer any options. However, it is important to note that when your body is compromised by a virus, there is a strain on your immune system. So this is a time when bacteria can gain an advantage over your defenses. So if possible, I use this to assist my immune system during this time of extreme stress.
To maximize the benefits, it's important to drink eight glasses of water each day that you use Oregano Oil.
To maximize the benefits, it's important to drink eight glasses of water each day that you use Oregano Oil.
I've also used Oregano Oil topically (with success) on the following:
- Psoriasis
- Insect bite
- Blemishes (never close to the eyes or nasal passages)
- Muscle Aches
I prefer the Natural Factors brand, due to the reasonable cost and quality of the product. I've found others to be quite costly, although they use the same ingredients. If you happen to purchase another brand, it's important to choose one that has "wild-crafted Mediterranean species", is mixed with olive oil and has a minimum of 80% carvacrol.
If pregnant or nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use
This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
![]() | Click Here for Natural Factors Oil of Oregano |
Some side effects may include:
- If you are allergic to thyme, basil, marjoram and of course oregano - you should avoid taking Oregano Oil
- Oregano could potentially reduce your body's ability to absorb iron
- Oregano oil may irritate sensitive skin


Thank you, this looks great!
ReplyDelete